February 26, 2013
With two years before the Millennium Development Goals expire, debates are underway about a new set of targets. Should a new action plan resemble the MDGs, or should it take a different approach? In an interview with Devex at the EU Development Days in October 2012, Simon Maxwell said poverty reduction remains the main concern and should continue to top the global development agenda.
Watch the interview here.
October 29, 2012
At the recent EU Development Days (16 & 17 October), on behalf of the European Think-Tanks Group, Siân Herbert recorded audio interviews with key participants on confronting inequality in developing countries.
Click on the participant’s name for a link to the recording.
- Guggi Laryea – International Affairs Officer at the World Bank
- Simon Maxwell – Senior Research Associate at the ODI
- Ola Bello – Researcher at Spanish based think-tank FRIDE
- Tamsyn Barton – Director-General for Operations outside of the EU at the European Investment Bank
- Luc Bagur - Head of Unit, General Coordination, DEVCO at the European Commission
- Jeske van Seters - Deputy Programme Manager Food Security at the European Centre for Development Policy Management
- Mario Negre – Researcher at German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
- Paul Engel - Director of the European Centre for Policy Development Management
- Rilli Lappalainen – Secretary General of the Finnish NGO platform Kehys